January 20, 2017 in Uncategorized
February 16, 2016 in Uncategorized
Camper set up and take down instructions
1) Park on a level surface. Unhook safety chains and lift ball hitch lever. Lower front stand cranking shaft by flipping lever. Reset lever. Crank down front wheel until ball pops free. Move car. Crank front wheel until trailer is mostly level.
2) Open trailer door and pull the tubs out, and the bed shelf supports. Find the level in the buckets and finish leveling the trailer—note: roof of trailer is not flat and cannot be used to level the trailer.
3) Put all (four) trailer feet down by pulling them out horizontally and turning them down. To adjust heights, put your foot on the lever and the the trailer foot will release.
4) Walk around the trailer and unlatch all four corner latches.
5) Find the crank in the buckets and insert into the slot to the left of the trailer door. Start cranking clockwise(?)–it will require a bit of oomph to get it started moving. Keep cranking until it is all the way up.
6) The bed shelf supports slide into slots on the lower frame, then a right angle piece slots into the upper trailer frame.
7) Pull the beds out by the handle near the center of the bed edge. You may need to pull up a little bit to get them out. The bed supports will then slide into pressure slots under the bed. These are stiff and may require a tap with a mallet to get them in.
8) Set the trailer step by pulling up and out. Make sure it is properly seated before stepping on it!
We usually put the floor mats out too, to avoid getting too much dirt inside the trailer. Go inside the trailer and pull out the stove (skip this as stove is not currently in trailer).
9) Flip the kitchen counter upright.
10) Pull the cushions off the seats and remove the table (set it on one of the beds). Flip the seat backs up (if the beds aren’t all the way pushed out you can give them a little shove) and replace the cushions. Set the table on one of the seats or out of the way. Under the bed mattresses are the canvas over-the-bed supports.
11) The bed shelf tent support will slot onto the angled frame and you can use the support to push the angled frame up and away from you. The other side of the support fits into a circular slot on the ceiling with a button to keep it in place. You may need to push hard to get it to fit in. This should set up the frame for the beds. Repeat with the other bed.
11A) To set up the door, close the lower portion of the door. Reach up to the ceiling of the trailer and unlock (turn) the clips holding the door up.
11B) The door will swing down. Try not to hit yourself.
11C) Mate the lower and upper door halves. There is a hinged portion at the top of the door to give you some flexibility in inserting the top of the door into the lower portion.
11D) Once the two door sides are mated, push the door firmly towards the outside of the trailer until it snaps straight. Turn all the latches to hold the door in place.
11E )Lock the two halves of the door together with the steel latch.
11F) Connect the Velcro on the outside of the door to be snug all around the door frame.
12) On the outside of the trailer, go around and cover the four telescoping main supports with the canvas using the Velcro tabs.
13) Under each bed platform there are a series of buttons to hook elastic loops onto. Secure all buttons
14) Make sure all the zippers are down as far as they go. Plug any small gaps with a bit of cloth.
15) Double check footings, door connections, that bed shelves are locked in place.
16) You’re done.
To take camper down reverse the process, make sure to do ALL the steps.
December 4, 2015 in Uncategorized
I think I’m going to take December off from cat blogging because I don’t have it in me right now. I just need more time to recover from losing Meg. I will return sometime in January.
Thanks for your patience,
February 20, 2015 in Uncategorized
June 13, 2014 in Uncategorized
I think I like sitting on the bald monkey’s shoulder’s better…ptui!
Oh mighty Sun, thou art my one true love!
Wait, aren’t we supposed to have a theme? Get it together guys! I was thinking jedi cat…
Now assuming crash position.
And, one and two, and kick, and two…
This storyline brought to you by feline committee. Feline committees work really well…
July 19, 2013 in Uncategorized
I will make you pay for this indignity, thumb-monkey! You’ll rue the day!
How will you manage that?
By using this* when the thumb-monkeys buy it for me.
That could work.
Let me know when it gets here, I have some eeeebil I mean kind thoughts on uses.
I can’t get past rue the day. Who talks like that?
*image courtesy of Matt Kuchta channeling the feline id.
March 16, 2013 in Uncategorized
Gluten-free 5 minute chocolate cake for 2:
From our local co-op newsletter, this recipe. I don’t care for chocolate all that much but I really enjoyed this. Of course, its advantages are also its disadvantages (5 minutes! 2 servings!)
4 Tbsp. rice flour (I used all purpose GF flour)
3 Tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. xantham gum
2 Tbsp. baking cocoa
1/4 tsp. baking powder
In separate bowl, mix:
3 Tbsp. milk
3 Tbsp. oil
splash GF vanilla extract
Combine both mixtures in a large microwave safe mug. Toss in 3 Tbsp. chocolate chips, if desired.
Microwave for 2.5 – 3 minutes. The cake will rise over the top of the mug; don’t be alarmed. Allow to cool and tip out onto a plate. (I ate it hot, not waiting for it to cool.)
Yield: 8-10 servings
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 10 oz pitted dates
- 1-1/2 cups Pamela’s Baking & Pancake Mix
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 8 oz soft butter (1 stick)
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 pint whipping cream
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 4 oz butter
Preheat oven to 350º.
Pour boiling water on dates and baking soda let sit for 5 minutes.
Grease and line a round pan with wax paper. Beat sugar and butter until airy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat again until well mixed. Stir in Pamela’s Baking ; Pancake Mix and salt with a spatula until well mixed. Add date mixture. Pour into pan. Bake 30 minutes in center oven.
Let cool 5 minutes then invert onto a serving plate.
For the sauce, melt butter and sugar together then add cream and simmer while stirring for 3 minutes. Pour on the cake and serve with fresh whipped cream.
Whipping cream to serve.
January 19, 2013 in Uncategorized
My nose, it has a flavor, and that flavor is…eeevil!
What is this eeevil of which you speak? May I subscribe to your newsletter?
Screw eeevil, somebody help me climb this thumb-monkey.
To dream the impossible dream…to climb the unclimable monkey…to
Y’all are just freaking weird, you know that right?
Not weird, eeevil! How many times do I have to…ooh, sritchy…
No, she’s right, y’all are weird.
Weird and eeevil. I have the car keys! I just have to figure out how to reach the pedals…